Favorite 3 Albums of All-Time

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Sheldon, Apr 18, 2016.

1. This site proudly refuses to use any of DragonByte Technology's products
  1. For you, personally, what are your 3 favorite albums?

2. So far, I have a definite two.... thinking of a third.

1a. Disturbed - The Sickness
    1b. 2Pac - Me Against The World

Will update with a third as soon as I can decide.

3. Way too difficult to pick just three.

The Velvet Underground and Nico - The Velvet Underground
    The Clash - London Calling
    Almost any Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin album

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. For the third, I'm on the fence.....

Thinking:

Pearl Jam - TEN

But can't fully commit.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Errr..... That's a hard one. Let me go through my list.

These would have to be albums that you could listen to in its entirety right?

So that probably leaves off all my Apple and Amazon purchases. I don't think I've made many album purchases there.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Yes, albums only. None of this "Greatest Hits" shit.

7. #7 SneakyDave, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  8. #8 SneakyDave, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  9. Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. Okay, I've change one (yes, I'm still thinking about this..... this is serious life or death stuff here...)

1. Disturbed - The Sickness
    2. 2Pac - All Eyez on Me

3. Open....

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Reminder: I haven't forgot about this. I cannot decide on a third.

• Like Like x 1
  12. In no particular order:

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
    Aerosmith - Toys in the Attic
    Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy

• Like Like x 1
  13. I've never been a big Pink Floyd or Aerosmith fan. Isn't, or wasn't, Dark Side of the Moon the best selling Album of all time, or some record like that, is that still the case?

EDIT:
    Dark Side of the Moon holds the record for most weeks in the Billboard Top 200 Albums chart:

Most Weeks on Billboard 200 By Title

14. I don't know if it was or not. I went to the dark side of the moon tour when it hit Chicago and it has been a favorite since.

I could have easily put ZZ Top Eliminator on the list.

15. Oh, Eliminator is certainly in my top 10 I think.

I'm not sure if it would have done as well if it didn't hit during the peak of Mtv.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wRHBLwpASw

I think when this video was released, Father Guido Sarducci nominated it for some award on SNL, the skit was hilarious, but of course, I can't find it. I think it was during one of the presidential campaigns.

Here it is: January 14th, 1984, no video though:
    Classic SNL Review: January 14, 1984: Father Guido Sarducci (Don Novello) / Huey Lewis and the News (S09E09)

16. Toys in the Attic?

Really....

Interesting.

17. Whenever ZZ Top hit town I go. Have been for years. Sharp D
    Absolutely. Probably the best album from them and there are at least 4 great songs on it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I preferred Pump. I loved that album. I'm not much of an Aerosmith fan though. Well, pretty much anything after Get a Grip I didn't even listen to.

19. I don't even think Pump and Get a Grip are even Aerosmith albums, lol.

I think Permanent Vacation was the last Aerosmith album I had, and thought they were getting a little soft. No offense

20. Get a Grip = Trash

Coincidentally, around that release was the first time I saw therm in concert, it might have been a bit before the album dropped.

20 years later they played in my little area for the Greenbrier Classic.

• Informative Informative x 1